Thursday, August 12, 2010

Headsets

I took another three hour round trip back down RPM Motorsports to pick up a pair of J&M headsets. It would be another three weeks before they could make an opening to install the headsets in my helmets. So I will attempt to do this myself. It didn’t look too difficult for my new Shoei RF1100. There are spaces that look like the earpieces will just plop in. Closer examination has proven this to be completely wrong. I will need to hog out some of the foam to make room. This really scares me but those that have tried it claim it is not as bad as it seems. The key is to use a Dremel tool with the ball cutter bit. Maybe I’ll try it this weekend.

This whole thing has me a bit cheesed off but I’m not sure whom to blame. I understand that BRP has sold more bikes than they expected. I understand that the dealer in Durango sells a lot of different bike so they may not know everything about every bike. I understand that the dealer in Denver is busy and cannot always fit me in. But I have spent in excess of $25K for a motorcycle. There are cars that do not cost this much. Is it too much to expect a premium experience? The level of service I have received would have been great if I was buying a $5000 dirt bike. But at what will become $30K by the time I am done, this hardly seems acceptable. The question is who is to blame? I’m not sure I have the answer. Maybe everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment